IYOU Event: July 7-11, 2019
The Indie team is incredibly excited to announce the theme of the 2019 IYOU Event: "The Art of The Universe". Creative expression means so much to each of us, and we can't wait to explore the connection between the Divine and how we Express ourselves individually!
Sign up for The Path in order to stay up-to-date on the progress.
Meet our 2019 Indie Team!
Left to Right
- Cameron Lawson, West Central Region
- Michelle Keyes, Southwest Region
- Marcus Crump, South Central Region
The Indies are hard at work planning an incredible event, and would like to introduce themselves to you.
Our IYOU Event Agent:
Julie Core is our IYOU Event Agent for 2019. Julie has served as a YOU sponsor for twenty years at Unity Northwest in Des Plaines, Illinois and at Unity in Chicago, Illinois. Her experiences includes working closely with YOUers in planning and organizing many YOU retreats, where she encourages and supports the teens in developing their leadership skills. She has served as a Head Sponsor at more than twenty-five International, regional and sub-regional YOU events, rallies and retreats.
Julie Core, IYOU Event Agent
Eligiblity Requirements to Attend:
As a YOUer, to be eligible to attend IYOU, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- Be activity involved in a YOU chapter
- Be between the ages of 15-18 and currently attending high school
- Have attended a prior regional YOU event (in the current school year)
- Have completed 15 hours of service in a Unity church or local community
- Have a designated event sponsor at the event. (can be a sponsor from another chapter)
As an adult attendee, to be eligible to attend IYOU, you must fulfill the following requirements
- Be at least 25 years old
- Have attended the IYOU Event Sacred Safety online training or watched the recording of the training. (Training will be offered this Spring)
- Have on file with your home ministry a background check that was done within the last two years.
- Be a designated event sponsor at the Event. This means that you are the adult responsible for one or more YOUers at the Event. (Note: You can be the designated event sponsor for YOUers from another chapter.)
- Be willing to accept a role of responsibility assigned by the IYOU Leadership team during the event.
- Be open to being assigned to whatever rooming situation best serves the event
YOU Chapter Qualifications
In order to be considered an active YOU chapter, the group must:
- Be under the direction of a recognized Unity member ministry of Unity Worldwide Ministries
- Be active in their regional YOU program.
- Include one or more teens ranging from the ages of 14 through 18 years of age (YOUer) and adult sponsors* over the age of 25 (YOU Sponsor).
Registrations postmarked by April 30, 2019 - $600
Registrations postmarked May 1 through 31, 2019 - $625
The registration fee covers your Event registration, meals, and lodging. Attendees are responsible for all travel expenses.
Registration for the 2019 IYOU Event is now open!
- All registration materials must include signatures and checks made out to Unity Worldwide Ministries.
- Sponsors – Please mail all registrations and payment for your chapter together.
- Mail to:
- Rev. Diane Venzera
- Unity Worldwide Ministries
- PO Box 610
- Lee’s Summit, MO 64063
- If you would like to pay by credit card, please call 816-434-6813. Please let us know that it is for IYOU and provide:
- Credit Card information
- Name of individual(s) you are paying for
- Name of ministry
Local Area Information
Here is a link to the local area information for your support
If you have questions or need support contact Julie Core firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo from 2018 - Level UP! Having fun!!