2016 IYOU Event: I AM because We Are
July 4-8, 2016 at Unity Village, Mo.
Join our 2016 Indie team as they create what will definately be one of the best IYOU events.
Elizabeth Jahn, Mariah Slife, Rowen Foster
Arrival: Monday July 4
Registration 2-5 p.m.
Departure: Friday July 8
Closing circle 11:30 a.m.-12 noon
Lunch 12-1 p.m.
Registration: is closed
If you have questions or need support contact Martin Dowman 512-431-6090 or email@example.com
To Be Eligible to Attend:
- Be attending an active YOU chapter and have gone to a regional event. (for US & Canada)
YOU Chapter Eligibility
In order to be considered an active YOU chapter, the group must:
- Be under the direction of a recognized Unity member ministry of Unity Worldwide Ministries
- Be active in their regional YOU program.
- Include one or more teens ranging from the ages of 14 through 18 years of age (YOUer) and adult sponsors* over the age of 25 (YOU Sponsor).
As a YOUer, to be eligible to attend IYOU you must fulfill the following requirements:
- Be between the ages of 14-18 and currently attending high school.
- Be actively involved in YOU.
- Read the book The Exquisite Risk: Daring to Live an Authentic Life by Mark Nepo.
- Write a one page essay or YOU lesson plan based on the book, choosing one of the concepts and writing about how you see it working in your life. In order to confirm your registration, the essay or lesson plan must be emailed by June 1, 2016, to Martin@unity.org.
- Have attended a prior regional YOU event.
- Have completed 15 hours of service in a Unity church or local community.
- Have a designated event sponsor at the event. Can be a sponsor from another chapter.
Once you have registered for IYOU 2016, you will receive an email. This email will include the link to payment by credit card or instructions for sending a check.
Follow the link in to download the appropriate form and get it signed by your church and by a parent. Once signed this form must be scanned to Martin@unity.org.
Note from an Indie:
Wow! The closer we get to IYOU 2016 the more excited I get! My team and I have been working to create an event that I am so proud of. And I hope to see as many faces there as possible.
Our theme, “I Am because We Are” really does capture what IYOU means to me which is: people from all over with so many different backgrounds, views, perception and experiences coming together, accepting each other, and loving one another. It's not about looking past each other’s differences in order to connect, it is about shining the light on our differences while accepting and loving them and creating deep connections. We also realize that our differences don’t separate us, they do the opposite…they force us to look within ourselves and acknowledge that we have the same qualities within.
I can’t wait to see you there!!!
Indie from Great Lakes Region
Local Area Information
Here is a link to the local area information for your support