We Welcome Your Participation
(formerly Conversations with Unity Leaders)
It is our joy to be in conversation with you about ideas to explore, solutions you've discovered, topics of interest, and concerns you may have. We welcome you to participate in, share and learn more about what is going on in the Unity movement.
Connection Space: Support for You
Connection Space is designed to be a time of community and Q&A on a variety of timely topics. Each session will feature a specific topic and will be staffed by facilitators well versed in the subject matter. The facilitators will share their knowledge and then offer a time for Q&A. There is no need to register, just show up with your questions.
All calls are Central Time.
May 26, 2022, at 1:30 p.m.
Welcome to the Refreshed Unity Branding Program! We are excited to be releasing our new updated Unity Branding Program and our improved and modernized Branding Manual! These new updates and refreshed new manual will provide our current branded ministries and ministers with a number of additional branding tools, including an expanded color palette for designing marketing materials. These updates will also help our unbranded Unity ministries understand the value of creating Unity brand awareness in their communities around our life-changing Unity teachings! Read the May 16, 2022, Special Communication for more information.
June 23 & July 7, 2022, at 2:30 p.m.
What's In a Name? Join us for this post conference connection call to discuss how we define, categorize, and “name” the ministries we serve.
- Join Joni Lorraine, our Spiritual Direction Program Coordinator for an informal, but informational look at UWSI’s Spiritual Direction Certification Program. If you’re curious about this new program, visit with Joni and other spiritual directors about this new opportunity to explore an ancient practice of caring for souls.
- Are you part of a new ministry or a ministry that has not yet achieved full status membership? Would you like to share your experiences of what’s working and what’s not and connect with others on the same journey? Then join us for our monthly Evolving Member Ministry Connection call and let’s grow together!
- Are you an Alternative Ministry seeking connection with other ministries? Are you interested in sharing ideas about your ministry and how UWM can better support you and others? Then join us for our monthly Alternative Ministry Connection call!
- Are you passionate about getting Unity principles out into the world? Do you have ideas about building relationships in your community that will lead to creative expressions of Unity Ministries? Are you ready to explore how to plant a Unity ministry with others who share your passion? Then join us for our monthly Pioneer connection call! Each month we will share support and ideas about how to build communities that are missional, formational, and ecclesial.
To Join the Connection Space:
- We are using Collaborate Ultra for our Connection Space. Google Chrome is the preferred browser so either clicking on this link or copy and paste the link into Google Chrome: https://us.bbcollab.com/guest/c2e8830cb42e4f5aacfb5057c6df2f75
- If you are unable to connect via the link above, you can join us by phone only using the following number: 571-392-7650 and then entering the Pin #: 534 960.6656. If joining by phone only, you will not be able to view the PowerPoint presentation and only 25 people can use the phone-only option.
If you are new to using Collaborate, this short video explains the basics.
Link to our Rapid Response webpage.
Connection Space & Webinar Recordings
- Connection Space Conversation: Financial Audit (Facilitated by UWM Board Chair John McMahon, and Rev. Shad Groverland, Executive Director)
Caring for Self & Others
- Webinar: "Building Rhythm & Resilience" (Facilitated by Dr. Michelle Robin, B.B.A, D.C, F.A.S.A, C.C.S.P, C.C.W.P.) 5/14/20
- “Keeping Connections Alive in Our Virtual World” (Facilitated by Rev. Pat Williamson, Rev. Myra McFadden, & Ellen Barron, LUT) 4/1/20
- "Providing Support Through Times of Grief and Trauma" (Facilitated by Rev. Richard Carlini, Rev. Bill Englehart, & Randie Jacobs) 4/13/20
- The following links are mentioned on the video and might be helpful resources: Death Cafe, Camp Erin Grief Resources, Your Life Your Voice, The Trevor Project, Kids Help Phone Canada, The Dougy Center, From Surviving to Thriving.
- Books: On Grief & Grieving, Finding Meaning, Healing Into Life & Death, Four Things That Matter, Spiritual Economics.
- Self Care (Facilitated by Dr. Nancy Little & Pami Parker) 5/5/20
- Self care topics covered include 9 Dimensions of Wellness: Spiritual, Physical, Emotional, Career, Intellectual, Earth, Social, Financially and Mental.
- The following links are mentioned on the video and might be helpful resources: The Energy Creators, HeartMath, Happify, Emotional Intelligence, Social Intelligence, Self-Compassion
- Embracing Our Common Humanity: Supporting Healing & Justice 6/11/20
- The following links are mentioned on the video and might be helpful resources: Jane Elliott, Robin DiAngelo, The film: 13th, available on Netflix, National Museum of African American History & Culture, National Center for Civil & Human Rights, and poem by Tracy Brown.
- Book Titles: Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome, Seeing White, Stamped From the Beginning, Waking Up White, and White Fragility
- Webinar Recording: The Road to Inclusion - Outreach, (Facilitated by Tracy Brown, www.StainedGlassSpirit.net | www.ITurnToPrayer.com | www.ReclaimJoy.com) 4/29/20
- Link to the book: Stained Glass Spirit
- Webinar: Spiritual Activism in a Politically Charged World, (Facilitated by Leona & Matthew Evans) 8/18/20
Ministry Going Forward
- Integral Christianity & Unity (Facilitated by: Rev. Pat Veenema) 3/15/21
- Opening Up Again, (Moderator: Rev. Cynthia Vermillion-Foster Facilitators: Rev. Myra McFadden, Connie Savage, Rev. Denise Shubert (CSL) 4/20/21 Summary Document
- New Retirement Plan Assistance (Wilborn Advisors) 2/9/21
- UWM Retirement Investment Changes (Wilborn Advisors) 6/8/21
- "The Misplaced Generation: Bringing Our Young Adults Home" (Rev. Ytonna Finnegan, Rev. Linda McLeod, & Miranda Baker, C.S.E.) 9/14/20 The UWM Young Adult Team offered a survey asking many of these former and current Unity attendees what draws them to Unity, and why they may choose to leave or return. The data is in and the results have been compiled.
- "Leveraging Social Media in the Pandemic" (Faciltated by Rev. Jacquie Fernandez + guests) 4/11/20
- "Live Streaming" (Facilitated by Rev. Jean-Marie Schweizer & Owen Howson: Contact) 3/26/20
- "Making Online Giving Easy" (Facilitated by Rev. Richard Bunch, Rev. Becky Whitehead, and Rev. Dale Worley) 4/11/20
- Webinar Recording: Moving Classes from On-site to Online, (Facilitated by Diane Venzera)
Youth & Family Ministry
- "Virtual Youth & Family Ministry Resources" (Facilitated by Janell Renshaw, Trish Yancey, & Vanessa Martinez-Huff) 4/30/20
- The following links are mentioned on the video and might be helpful resources: To find out more about the Eastern Region events, contact Janell Renshaw, Scribblio, Codenames, Jackbox, CCUOrlando Kids, Link to Trish's Book and Videos, Trish's Website, Kansas City North Children's Virtual Board, Kansas City North Teen Virtual Board, Object Lesson Ideas, Kira Willey Movement
- "Virtual YFM Training" (Facilitated by Rev. Diane Venzera, M.Ed)
- Part 1: Current State of YFM & Maintaining Our Connections 9/21/20
- Part 2: Inclusive Online Lessons/Safety & Security/Technology
- Part 3: Online YFM Lesson Design: Ideas, Apps, & Demos
- Part 4: Creating a Re-Entry Plan (Previously Recorded)
- Part 5: The Hybrid Classroom: Combining an Onsite & Online Program
- Resources and Handouts:
- "Connecting Through Virtual & Hybrid Experiences" (Facilitated by Rev. Diane Venzera, M.Ed) 1/25/21
- "What's Working in Virtual YFM?" (Speakers: Nevin Valentine, Unity of Tustin; Akosua Washington-Woods, Unity San Diego; Mary Nowroozi, Unity Fox Valley; & Vanessa Black, Christ Church Unity, Orlando) 2/14/21
Archives of Conversations with Unity Leaders
Check out the archives of Evolving Ministry calls too (formerly called expansion ministry).
Thursday, August 8, 2019, Topic: Prayer and Discussion on Gun Violence Video
Wed, May 22, 2019, Topic: CSL Reciprocal Agreement Video
- We recently finalized a reciprocal employment and ordination agreement. It provides a simple path for Unity ministers to receive a CSL ordination while serving in a CSL ministry—and for CSL ministers to receive a Unity ordination while serving in a Unity ministry.
Thurs, March 21, 2019, Topic: New Bylaws Template Video
- We have a new bylaws template for Unity ministries. Effective January 1, 2020, ministries will be required to utilize this template, requesting preapproval from Member Services for changes.
Wed, Nov 28, 2018, Topic: Credentialing Update: Path to Ordination
Thurs, May 3, 2018, Topic: Bylaws,
Thurs, April 12, 2018, Codes of Conduct, Video
March 1, 2018, Recognizing and Dealing with Harassment
November 16, 2017 Dialogue Call about CEU's for Ministers
October 3, 2017 Communications with UWM (~55 second sound delay)
April 27, 2017 Identifying Your Ministry Online Voice (~30 second sound delay)
November 15, 2016 Promoting Ministry Activities & Electronic Event Invites
July 21, 2016 Unity Principles on Twitter
May 18, 2016 Create a Social Media Marketing Plan
January 21, 2016 Creating & Training a Social Media Team
November 11, 2015 Social Media Policy
July 2, 2015 Open Discussion
April 9, 2015 SEE and M&RS Transition Task Team
March 26, 2015 Credentialing: Ministerial Education
Jan 15, 2015 Licensed Teacher and Regions Voting
Are you in the communications loop with Unity Worldwide Ministries? In order to receive surveys, notices of the Connection Space dialogue calls and other timely news from us, be sure to sign up at www.unity.org/enews. You can sign up to receive:The Path, our biweekly e-newsletter; and Special Communications which is sent out only as-needed. No password is needed.
Check out What's New at Unity Worldwide Ministries