We Welcome Your Participation
(formerly Conversations with Unity Leaders)
It is our joy to be in conversation with you about ideas to explore, solutions you've discovered, topics of interest, and concerns you may have. We welcome you to participate in, share and learn more about what is going on in the Unity movement.
Connection Space: Support for You
Connection Space is designed to be a time of community and Q&A on a variety of timely topics. Each session will feature a specific topic and will be staffed by facilitators well versed in the subject matter. The facilitators will share their knowledge and then offer a time for Q&A. There is no need to register, just show up with your questions.
Wed, September 15, 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. "Alternative Ministry Call"
- Are you engaged in doing ministry "outside the box"? Do you have a longing to connect to others who are also doing ministry in new and different ways? Then join us for this Connection Call for Alternative Ministries. We'll be getting to know one another, brainstorming ways to stay connected, identifying gaps in support and resources, and maybe even creating a new name that better captures what we are doing in the field.
Wed, October 13, 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. "Creative Expressions of Ministry in a New Era"
- Join us as we explore innovative and creative approaches to doing ministry in these new and interesting times. Our world has changed drastically and continues to change daily. For the Unity message to remain relevant, the way we approach ministry must evolve too. Here's your chance to think outside the box of "church as usual" and be a part of evolving Unity.
To Join the Connection Space:
- We are using Collaborate Ultra for our Connection Space. Google Chrome is the preferred browser so either clicking on this link or copy and paste the link into Google Chrome: https://us.bbcollab.com/guest/c2e8830cb42e4f5aacfb5057c6df2f75
- If you are unable to connect via the link above, you can join us by phone only using the following number: 571-392-7650 and then entering the Pin #: 534 960.6656. If joining by phone only, you will not be able to view the PowerPoint presentation and only 25 people can use the phone-only option.
If you are new to using Collaborate, this short video explains the basics.
Link to our Rapid Response webpage.
Connection Space & Webinar Recordings
- Connection Space Conversation: Financial Audit (Facilitated by UWM Board Chair John McMahon, and Rev. Shad Groverland, Executive Director)
Caring for Self & Others
- Webinar: "Building Rhythm & Resilience" (Facilitated by Dr. Michelle Robin, B.B.A, D.C, F.A.S.A, C.C.S.P, C.C.W.P.) 5/14/20
- “Keeping Connections Alive in Our Virtual World” (Facilitated by Rev. Pat Williamson, Rev. Myra McFadden, & Ellen Barron, LUT) 4/1/20
- "Providing Support Through Times of Grief and Trauma" (Facilitated by Rev. Richard Carlini, Rev. Bill Englehart, & Randie Jacobs) 4/13/20
- The following links are mentioned on the video and might be helpful resources: Death Cafe, Camp Erin Grief Resources, Your Life Your Voice, The Trevor Project, Kids Help Phone Canada, The Dougy Center, From Surviving to Thriving.
- Books: On Grief & Grieving, Finding Meaning, Healing Into Life & Death, Four Things That Matter, Spiritual Economics.
- Self Care (Facilitated by Dr. Nancy Little & Pami Parker) 5/5/20
- Self care topics covered include 9 Dimensions of Wellness: Spiritual, Physical, Emotional, Career, Intellectual, Earth, Social, Financially and Mental.
- The following links are mentioned on the video and might be helpful resources: The Energy Creators, HeartMath, Happify, Emotional Intelligence, Social Intelligence, Self-Compassion
- Embracing Our Common Humanity: Supporting Healing & Justice 6/11/20
- The following links are mentioned on the video and might be helpful resources: Jane Elliott, Robin DiAngelo, The film: 13th, available on Netflix, National Museum of African American History & Culture, National Center for Civil & Human Rights, and poem by Tracy Brown.
- Book Titles: Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome, Seeing White, Stamped From the Beginning, Waking Up White, and White Fragility
- Webinar Recording: The Road to Inclusion - Outreach, (Facilitated by Tracy Brown, www.StainedGlassSpirit.net | www.ITurnToPrayer.com | www.ReclaimJoy.com) 4/29/20
- Link to the book: Stained Glass Spirit
- Webinar: Spiritual Activism in a Politically Charged World, (Facilitated by Leona & Matthew Evans) 8/18/20
Ministry Going Forward
- Navigating an Unclear Future Together (Facilitated by: Rev. Patricia T. Bass, Rev. Carrie Kenyon, Rev. Doug Duerr, Rev. Cynthia Vermillion-Foster) 5/20/20
- Integral Christianity & Unity (Facilitated by: Rev. Pat Veenema) 3/15/21
- Opening Up Again, (Moderator: Rev. Cynthia Vermillion-Foster Facilitators: Rev. Myra McFadden, Connie Savage, Rev. Denise Shubert (CSL) 4/20/21 Summary Document
- Dance of Triangles (Facilitated by: Rev. Cynthia Vermillion-Foster) 11/18/20
- New Retirement Plan Assistance (Wilborn Advisors) 2/9/21
- UWM Retirement Investment Changes (Wilborn Advisors) 6/8/21
- "The Misplaced Generation: Bringing Our Young Adults Home" (Rev. Ytonna Finnegan, Rev. Linda McLeod, & Miranda Baker, C.S.E.) 9/14/20 The UWM Young Adult Team offered a survey asking many of these former and current Unity attendees what draws them to Unity, and why they may choose to leave or return. The data is in and the results have been compiled.
- "Leveraging Social Media in the Pandemic" (Faciltated by Rev. Jacquie Fernandez + guests) 4/11/20
- "Live Streaming" (Facilitated by Rev. Jean-Marie Schweizer & Owen Howson: Contact) 3/26/20
- "Making Online Giving Easy" (Facilitated by Rev. Richard Bunch, Rev. Becky Whitehead, and Rev. Dale Worley) 4/11/20
- Webinar Recording: Moving Classes from On-site to Online, (Facilitated by Diane Venzera)
Youth & Family Ministry
- "Virtual Youth & Family Ministry Resources" (Facilitated by Janell Renshaw, Trish Yancey, & Vanessa Martinez-Huff) 4/30/20
- The following links are mentioned on the video and might be helpful resources: To find out more about the Eastern Region events, contact Janell Renshaw, Scribblio, Codenames, Jackbox, CCUOrlando Kids, Link to Trish's Book and Videos, Trish's Website, Kansas City North Children's Virtual Board, Kansas City North Teen Virtual Board, Object Lesson Ideas, Kira Willey Movement
- "Virtual YFM Training" (Facilitated by Rev. Diane Venzera, M.Ed)
- Part 1: Current State of YFM & Maintaining Our Connections 9/21/20
- Part 2: Inclusive Online Lessons/Safety & Security/Technology
- Part 3: Online YFM Lesson Design: Ideas, Apps, & Demos
- Part 4: Creating a Re-Entry Plan (Previously Recorded)
- Part 5: The Hybrid Classroom: Combining an Onsite & Online Program
- Resources and Handouts:
- "Connecting Through Virtual & Hybrid Experiences" (Facilitated by Rev. Diane Venzera, M.Ed) 1/25/21
- "What's Working in Virtual YFM?" (Speakers: Nevin Valentine, Unity of Tustin; Akosua Washington-Woods, Unity San Diego; Mary Nowroozi, Unity Fox Valley; & Vanessa Black, Christ Church Unity, Orlando) 2/14/21
Archives of Conversations with Unity Leaders
Check out the archives of Evolving Ministry calls too (formerly called expansion ministry).
Thursday, August 8, 2019, Topic: Prayer and Discussion on Gun Violence Video
Wed, May 22, 2019, Topic: CSL Reciprocal Agreement Video
- We recently finalized a reciprocal employment and ordination agreement. It provides a simple path for Unity ministers to receive a CSL ordination while serving in a CSL ministry—and for CSL ministers to receive a Unity ordination while serving in a Unity ministry.
Thurs, March 21, 2019, Topic: New Bylaws Template Video
- We have a new bylaws template for Unity ministries. Ministries are encouraged to provide feedback to Member Services by Sept 1, 2019 - email Cynthia Vermillion-Foster at CFoster@unity.org. Effective January 1, 2020, ministries will be required to utilize this template, requesting preapproval from Member Services for changes.
Wed, Nov 28, 2018, Topic: Credentialing Update: Path to Ordination
Thurs, May 3, 2018, Topic: Bylaws,
Thurs, April 12, 2018, Codes of Conduct, Video
March 1, 2018, Recognizing and Dealing with Harassment
November 16, 2017 Dialogue Call about CEU's for Ministers
October 3, 2017 Communications with UWM (~55 second sound delay)
April 27, 2017 Identifying Your Ministry Online Voice (~30 second sound delay)
November 15, 2016 Promoting Ministry Activities & Electronic Event Invites
July 21, 2016 Unity Principles on Twitter
May 18, 2016 Create a Social Media Marketing Plan
January 21, 2016 Creating & Training a Social Media Team
November 11, 2015 Social Media Policy
July 2, 2015 Open Discussion
April 9, 2015 SEE and M&RS Transition Task Team
March 26, 2015 Credentialing: Ministerial Education
Jan 15, 2015 Licensed Teacher and Regions Voting
Are you in the communications loop with Unity Worldwide Ministries? In order to receive surveys, notices of the Connection Space dialogue calls and other timely news from us, be sure to sign up at www.unity.org/enews. You can sign up to receive:The Path, our biweekly e-newsletter; and Special Communications which is sent out only as-needed. No password is needed.
Check out What's New at Unity Worldwide Ministries