Unity Worldwide Ministries has established the HUG (Help Unity Grow) Fund to provide financial assistance to Unity ministry evolvement and growth of the individual ministry and ultimately the Unity movement.
What criteria does a ministry need to meet to be eligible for financial assistance?
- The ministry must have a prosperity consciousness. This includes the commitment of the credentialed leader, the board of trustees and the congregation.
- A pattern of consistent giving to Unity Worldwide Ministries over the last 12-month period.
- The ministry must have its annual report on file with Unity Worldwide Ministries.
- Funds will be sent to the ministry (not to an individual or other organization).
HUG Fund Sources and Uses
What is the basis of the HUG Fund and what are the sources of these funds?
Opening balances in 2015:
- Beers Estate Funds Assistance ($285,000 originally USD available).
- Dissolved Church Fund ($58,000 USD).
- Donate here.
Under Donor Information, select Other from the Donor's Designation dropdown menu, and type HUG Fund in the Other field.
How can ministries use the HUG Fund?
- For the process of employing a Unity minister: including assistance with (half) the cost of airfare for interviews and (half) the cost of moving household items (truck) associated with a newly hired Unity minister. Unity Worldwide Ministries will reimburse approved costs paid by the ministry up to $8,000.00. (Example: if the total amount of approved costs paid by the ministry is $13,500.00, Unity Worldwide Ministries will pay $6,750.00.)
Are there any restrictions to use the HUG Fund?
- Funds can only be received one time per 12 month period.
- Funds are not available for meals, hotels, taxi, parking, etc.
The HUG Review Team will determine what, if any, other documents are needed.
Upon approval by the HUG Application Review Team, the assistance request is submitted for a check to be issued to the approved ministry. If you prefer to receive the reimbursement via ACH, send an email to HUG@unity.org to request the form.