CEUs for Ministers and Licensed Unity Teachers
Continuous learning and development are essential for ministry professionals in an evolving and rapidly changing world. Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are our opportunity to embrace a learning mindset, deepen our skills in community and interpersonal relationships, and to remain on our growing edge. Unity Worldwide Ministries supports this through CEU requirements for Unity ministers and licensed Unity teachers (LUTs).
Unity ministers are required to obtain seven (7) hours of continuous education each year. At least one hour must be in the area of inclusivity/diversity, and at least one hour must be in the area of ethics/boundaries.
LUTs are required to obtain five (5) hours of continuous education each year. At least one hour must be in the area of inclusivity/diversity, and at least one hour must be in the area of ethics/boundaries.
Effective January 1, 2021, ministers and LUTs will be expected to track CEUs themselves and to report these to UWM on their annual report at the end of the year. Please keep accurate records, including receipts/certificates/objectives from your courses. Should a question arise, UWM may ask you to provide us with copies of these documents.
Suggestions for Acquiring CEUs
- Taking a Member Services Training, or a course through UWSI or UUMS.
- Attending seminars or courses at UWM’s annual convention or a regional conference
- Attending a Clinical Pastoral Training
- Attend a course in your local community
- Taking courses through another organization such as:
- Lombard Mennonite Peace Center: https://lmpeacecenter.org/
- Interim Ministry Network: https://imnedu.org/
- Credence and Company: https://www.credenceandco.com/
- Congregational Consulting: https://www.congregationalconsulting.org/
- Fresh Expressions: https://freshexpressionsus.org/
- The Church Network: https://www.nacba.net/Online/Education/Online/Education/Domains.aspx?hkey=9e06bc9d-e68d-4214-bd33-6c20ffe4ba15
- LinkedIn: https://learning.linkedin.com/course-club
- Compliance Training Group: https://compliancetraininggroup.com/
- Skill Boosters: https://skillboosters.com/
- Coursera: https://www.coursera.org/
- Udemy: https://www.udemy.com/