CEUs for Ministers and Licensed Unity Teachers
Continuous learning and development are essential for ministry professionals in an evolving and rapidly changing world. Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are our opportunity to embrace a learning mindset, deepen our skills in community and interpersonal relationships, and to remain on our growing edge. Unity Worldwide Ministries supports this through CEU requirements for Unity ministers and licensed Unity teachers (LUTs).
Unity ministers are required to obtain seven (7) hours of continuing education each year. At least one hour must be in the area of inclusivity/diversity, and at least one hour must be in the area of ethics/boundaries.
LUTs are required to obtain five (5) hours of continuing education each year. At least one hour must be in the area of inclusivity/diversity, and at least one hour must be in the area of ethics/boundaries.
Effective January 1, 2021, ministers and LUTs will be expected to track CEUs themselves and to simply confirm their completion (Y/N) to UWM on their annual report at the end of the year. Please keep accurate records, including receipts/certificates/objectives from your courses. Should a question arise, UWM may ask you to provide us with copies of these documents. It is no longer necessary to obtain approval for courses you are using for CEUs. We are trusting our leaders to make choices that best support them in serving with excellence.
The intention of CEUs is to enhance our skills in ministry. We all learn and grow through reading, studying, and watching videos. However, ministry is relationship based, and our learning is augmented through interactions with others. Consequently, leaders are strongly encouraged to select trainings and courses for obtaining CEUs.
Suggestions for Acquiring CEUs
- Taking a Member Services Training, or a course through UWSI or UUMS.
- Attending seminars or courses at UWM’s annual convention or a regional conference
- Attending a Clinical Pastoral Training
- Attend a course in your local community
- Taking courses through another organization such as:
- Lombard Mennonite Peace Center: https://lmpeacecenter.org/
- Interim Ministry Network: https://imnedu.org/
- Credence and Company: https://www.credenceandco.com/
- Congregational Consulting: https://www.congregationalconsulting.org/
- Fresh Expressions: https://freshexpressionsus.org/
- The Church Network: https://www.nacba.net/Online/Education/Online/Education/Domains.aspx?hkey=9e06bc9d-e68d-4214-bd33-6c20ffe4ba15
- LinkedIn: https://learning.linkedin.com/course-club
- Compliance Training Group: https://compliancetraininggroup.com/
- Skill Boosters: https://skillboosters.com/
- Coursera: https://www.coursera.org/
- Udemy: https://www.udemy.com/