Virtual Adventures for Youth Ministry
Each lesson, designed for children ages 5 to 10, contains a link to PowerPoint that can be shared during a live video conferencing session, instruction sheet and a link to the Youtube video story.
"We Each Have Something to Contribute"
"Acts of Kindness Can Change the World" (Please note that within the video there are images of the children holding hands and touching. In this time of physical distancing, special instructions will need to be given regarding this practice.)
Fill Your Bucket Video by The Learning Station
Christmas Content for Online Lesson Use
- An Emoji Christmas Story: Emojis tell the traditional Christmas story. The is a delightful brief retelling capturing the significant events. Angels speak to Mary and Joseph. A census occurs. Mary and Joseph travel to Bethlehem. Shepherd visit and Mary ponders it all. Created by Rev. Chase of the Great Lakes Region!
- Free Holiday Resources: Christmas, Burning Bowl & White Stone
- 2017 Advent Bundle
- Christmas is Coming Booklet
- Ed Links Christmas: This is a compilation of articles about Christmas from Education Links, our newsletter for ministers and spiritual educators of children, teens, and young adults.
- Joy Video
Video Lessons From Ministries That are Ready to Use
The links here can be used as virtual lessons for your YFM progam.
- 12 Powers Intergenerational Virtual Service
- 12 Powers: The Story of Order, The Story of Order, Narrated by Brenda Peters
- Trish Yancey, LUT has recorded a lesson to accompany each of the chapters in her book, The Five Come Alive!
- Unity of Delray Beach - Finding a Special Place ~ Prayer Connects Us ~
- Unity Minneapolis: Unity Prayers, Songs & Lessons
- Unity of Springfield, IL - Virtual Hug Lesson (5 minutes)
- YOU Video Lessons
Videos with PowerPoint
- Renaissance Unity, Ferndale, MI, has created lessons based on the movie, Inside Out. The Powerpoint contains links to a variety of lesson content options. The lessons are designed to be presented on Zoom or other video conferencing systems.
Virtual Ideas to Spark Your Imagination
Many of our ministries are using their creativity to keep our children & teens engaged virtually. Check out these links:
- Unity Center of Light Access to lessons
- Unity Church of the Hills creates weekly lessons and posts them on their Facebook pages.
- Unity Kansas City North created virtual lesson boards that make it easy for children and teens to engage with the content.
- Unity of Delray Beach is creating a weekly lesson.
- Unity of Denver has created family enrichment resources
- Unity of Gaithersburg handouts on Zootopia and Inside Out
- Unity of Houston is offering weekly online youth lessons and also is posting the recordings.
- Unity of Louisville is offering weekly virtual lessons through Zoom.
- Unity of New Braunfels article on Moving Through Fear and Anxiety
- Unity North Atlanta is recording a weekly Unikids' Corner message.
Unity Youth Ministry Lessons for at Home Use
Let’s stay connected! During this time when Sunday services may be offered in new and different ways, we want to remain close as a spiritual community. The following lessons are designed for parents/guardians to do at home with children. Why not send one out to your families each week and offer a weekly opportunity for the families and YFM teachers to connect with Zoom or other online tools.
Click the links below to download the lessons:
- 5 Basic Principles for Children (5 Lessons)
- I Have My Own Mind
- Keeping the Faith
- Managing Fear
- My Power to Choose
- My Thoughts and Words Have Power
- Seeing Beyond Appearances
- A Time of Awakening (Easter)
- Symbols of Easter - Interpretation
- We are Better Together
Try these booklets to do at home with your children & teens. They assist young people of Unity to deepen their faith and further their knowledge of the Christ within.
- God in Me, ages 6 to 11
- Light of God, ages 11 to 13 (Older format but still works)
- Fillmore Youth Award, ages 14 to 18
Microlearning (self-paced trainings) for Youth & Family Ministry
Microlearning consists of short training modules that are focused on a specific topic that contain the information necessary to help the learner achieve a specific objective or goal. The training modules are designed to support the growth and development of youth and family ministry programs by offering simple and effective ways to train your staff and volunteers. Click here to access the mini-trainings.