Let’s stay connected! During this time when Sunday services may be offered in new and different ways, we want to remain close as a spiritual community. The following lessons are designed for parents/guardians to do at home with children. Why not send one out to your families each week and offer a weekly opportunity for the families and YFM teachers to connect with Zoom or other online tools.
Click the links below to download the lessons:
- I Have My Own Mind
- Keeping the Faith
- Managing Fear
- My Power to Choose
- My Thoughts and Words Have Power
- Seeing Beyond Appearances
- A Time of Awakening (Easter)
- Symbols of Easter - Interpretation
- We are Better Together
Try these booklets to do at home with your children & teens. They assist young people of Unity to deepen their faith and further their knowledge of the Christ within.
- God in Me, ages 6 to 11
- Light of God, ages 11 to 13 (Older format but still works)
- Fillmore Youth Award, ages 14 to 18
Family Group Materials from IYOU Events
A big thank you to Rev. Kathy Kellogg for taking the time to scan some older IYOU Family Group materials. They are filled with activities to do with your YOU group.
- 1994: My Life is My Message
- 1995: Alive, Alert, Awake
- 1996: Come Home
- 1997: Become
- 1998: Genesis
- 1999: Wake Up and Live
- 1999: Wake Up and Live Supplemental Materials
- 2006: Realize Now the Power I Am
Other YFM Resourses
- Here is a lesson adapted for Unity from Ministry Sparks: (Thank you Rev. Chase!) Click to download
- Clare McBride has generously donated her series: Parables to Ponder for Children. Each series contains eleven parables. The parables are designed to invite children and families to explore life principles together. Series 1, Series 2, Series 3, Series 4.
- If you are looking for children's storybooks that contain a spiritual message, check out this book list.
Technology to engage Gen Z - mapped to Multiple Intelligences (Compiled by Rev. Chase) Click to download
- Aha Parenting: Books and articles on parenting
- Child-Mind Institute: Children's books about mental health
- Children of the Earth United: Many ideas and resources that help our kids connect to the Earth.
- Common Sense Media: Best Music, Movies, TV, APPS, Websites and more
- Exploratorium: Learning Toolbox: Make sense of timely topics and find general science support for your virtual classroom or learning together at home.
- Fact-checking Tools for Teens and Tweens
- Google Arts and Culture: An on-line platform to explore art and culture.
- HeartMath: Tools and training teach people to rely on the intelligence of their hearts in concert with their minds.
- Inspire My Kids: Kids can change the world. All they need is a little inspiration!
- Kahoot: Game-based learning platform
- Makerspace by GoldieBlox: Make Stuff - Do Stuff - DIY projects that put the fun in functional.
- Sarah Pirtle & the Discovery Center: Sarah Pirtle works with all ages developing courage and compassion.
- Search Institute: Bring out the best in your families.
- Sourcebooks offers FREE downloadable PDFs of activity kits, discussion guides and educator guides for select kids and young adult titles. From picture books to YA, we have easy ways to keep kids learning from home!
- Steve Spangler Science: 50 experiments for 50 days", starting on Monday, March 23
- Susan Kaiser Greenland: Blog and information about raising mindful kids.
- Teampedia: A collaborative encyclopedia of free team building activities and tools for teams.
- TED-ED on-line learning platform
Microlearning (self-paced trainings) for Youth & Family Ministry
Microlearning consists of short training modules that are focused on a specific topic that contain the information necessary to help the learner achieve a specific objective or goal. The training modules are designed to support the growth and development of youth and family ministry programs by offering simple and effective ways to train your staff and volunteers. Click here to access the mini-trainings.