Conscious Relationships and the Enneagram
A powerful system of sacred psychology that identifies nine distinct personality types.
Live Session: Thursday, January 24, 6:30-8:30 p.m. (CT)
(Enrichment course content opens January 7)
Learn how to relate more consciously with others. The Enneagram is a powerful system of sacred psychology that identifies nine distinct personality types. Knowledge of your own type helps you to live from a less reactive, more self-aware place. Knowledge of the Enneagram types of others around you helps you cultivate greater empathy, compassion, and understanding. When we see how different people perceive and approach life—including conflict, struggle, and problem-solving—in vastly different ways from us, we are able to gain greater clarity and perspective, more skillfully navigate conflict, stop taking others’ behavior personally, and serve as better models of love and compassion in our daily lives.
- How we relate to the object of our interest and how it correlates with our respective Enneagram Personality Types
- How the different Enneagram Personality Types handle conflict and adversity
- The different social styles of the different Enneagram types
Recommended reading: The Wisdom of the Enneagram: The Complete Guide to Psychological and Spiritual Growth for the Nine Personality Types, Riso and Hudson
Learning Objectives for This Course:
- Introduces people to Enneagram triads (groups of three) that show how different personality types perceive the world differently, prioritize different needs, seek to get their needs met using different approaches, and approach conflict and problem-solving differently
- Helps people experience greater love, compassion, and connectedness through deeply understanding how we all tend to default in how we relate to one another and to life’s challenges
- Helps people respond more skillfully, rather than react unconsciously and in habitual ways that do not serve our relationships
- Helps people develop greater self-awareness and self-compassion as well as greater understanding and empathy for others
- Equips Truth students with practical tools to live the Truth that we know, which is that we are all whole and one with Spirit
About Your Facilitator:
Rev. Nhien Dougherty is a dynamic facilitator who is passionate about creating safe spaces for people to consciously connect with Spirit, self, and others through transformative tools such as the Enneagram and contemplative practices. A Stanford Law School-trained attorney-mediator with a Bachelor of Art in philosophy, Rev. Nhien left her lucrative San Francisco law practice to pursue a call to ministry. She currently serves as an associate minister at Unity Temple on the Plaza where she enjoys a thriving co-ministry with her husband Victor who serves as the Director of the Temple Buddhist Center.