Compassionate Eating with Victoria Moran
Discover practical vegan living for life, health, and spirit.
As a spiritual seeker you might be yearning for ways to enlarge and deepen your experience of the Divine. Many have found that moving toward pure vegetarian (vegan) living, at a pace that suits their body and soul, is one powerful way to do this. Victoria Moran, author of Main Street Vegan: Everything You Need to Know to Eat Healthfully & Live Compassionately in the Real World, will pack into this lively presentation with history, health, ethics, sustainability, practicality, and deliciousness.
- Session 1: Enlightened Eating 101
- Session 2: The History and Spirituality of Vegetarianism
- Session 3: Get Your Health On
- Session 4: The Earth, the Animals, and the Ripple Effect of Peace on Earth, Goodwill to All
- Describe both the Eastern and Western spiritual teachings that support a vegetarian and vegan way of eating and living.
- Recognize the realities of modern animal agriculture and its impact on the beings involved and on the health of the planet.
- Explain the scientific basis for living healthfully and vibrantly on foods derived solely from the plant kingdom.
- Summarize how this works in the day-to-day world of grocery shopping, meal planning, eating out, traveling, and feeding a family.
- Determine the social and culture considerations of being a “different drummer diner.”
- Develop an openness to the Spirit within and its guidance as to how this might work in each individual participant’s life.
- Celebrate the adventure of compassionate living in not only food choices but also clothing, toiletries, and entertainment.
About Your Facilitator:
Victoria Moran Victoria Moran is the best-selling author of 13 books, including Creating a Charmed Life (in 30 languages around the world); the gentle weight-loss classic, The Love-Powered Diet, reflecting the author’s own struggle with and recovery from compulsive eating; The Good Karma Diet, celebrating a high-green, high-raw, high-energy food style; the iconic Main Street Vegan; and her latest, The Main Street Vegan Academy Cookbook.
Victoria is also an inspirational speaker, corporate spokesperson, certified holistic health counselor (HHC, AADP), and founder and director of Main Street Vegan Academy, training and certifying vegan lifestyle coaches. She also hosts the award-winning Main Street Vegan on Unity Online Radio.