Member Services supports our members by providing a number of online learning opportunities, which range from short live, webinars, to trainings that cover several weeks and include both offline activities as well as live sessions. Many qualify for CEUs.
The Unity Worldwide Ministries training is offered without any set fee. Love Offerings/Tithes gratefully received. Unity Worldwide Ministries Member Services is 100% funded through through the generosity of its members.
Upcoming Online Trainings and Webinars
Facilitated by Rev. Cynthia Vermillion Foster, Executive Director Member Services
Designing Effective Online Classes (Webinar, 3-Part Series)
Facilitated by Rev. Diane Venzera, M.Ed
Each webinar is worth 1.5 CEUs for Ministers and licensed Unity teachers. CEU policy
- Part 1 has been completed
- Part 2: Tuesday, September 17, 1:30 to 3:00 pm (CT) (Register by Thursday Sept 12)
- Part 3: Wednesday, October 9, 1:30 to 3:00 pm (CT) (Register by Monday, Oct 7)
To register contact Diane Venzera. It is best to register through email, as there is information that I will need to email back to you. If you want CEU credit, please include whether you are an LUT or Minister.
Teaching an online class can seem daunting but by following some simple strategies, the creation process can be filled with self-growth and insight as well resulting in an online experience that engages and inspires learners.
- Part 2: Visual Design/Online Tools and Techniques
- Part 3: Practical Application
Save the Dates for Future Trainings & Webinars
The save the date schedule for the rest of 2019 for the Member Services trainings is listed below. The schedule is a work in progress and when the trainings/webinars are open for regstration, they will be listed above. Please contact Diane Venzera with any questions.
Using Collaborate (Webinar, 1.5 CEUs)
• Thursday, October 3, 1:30 to 3:00 pm
If you are new to online learning:
Member Services' offers both WEBINARS (live session only) and TRAININGS, which are a hybrid: they include live online group sessions using the video conferencing tool, Collaborate, as well as weekly activities, housed on Blackboard, to be completed by the end of each weekly session, as individual assignments.
This 10-minute video provides information on registering for a Member Services' training as well as how to navigate through the Blackboard and Collaborate experiences. If you prefer to read the information instead of watching the video, a transcript is attached.
To register for a training, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Enroll in UWSI. Effective September 1, 2019, there will be an initial enrollment fee of $35 for all Member Services trainings, UWSI courses, and online field registrations. This fee provides access to the full spectrum of learning opportunities offered through UWM and helps to cover our costs for administration and licensing for our Blackboard Learning Management System.
- Step 2: Locate your UWSI Username and Password
- Step 3: Visit the course registration page and:
- Locate the training title
- Click the green "Add" button
- Complete your registration by putting your username and password into the pop-up box
To register for a webinar:
- Contact Diane Venzera by the due date listed for each webinar.
- It is best to register through email, as there is information that I will need to email back to you. If you want CEU credit, please include whether you are an LUT or Minister.
- Include the webinar title and your name and email address.
- Please let me know if you are seeking CEU credit and if so, if you are an LUT or Minister.
- Once registration closes, the login information will be sent to all participants.
- If you need additional support, please call: 816-434-6837.