Member Services supports our members by providing a number of online learning opportunities, which range from short live, webinars, to trainings that cover several weeks and include both offline activities as well as live sessions. Many qualify for CEUs.
The Unity Worldwide Ministries training is offered without any set fee.Love Offerings/Tithes gratefully received. Unity Worldwide Ministries Member Services is 100% funded through through the generosity of its members.
Upcoming Online Trainings and Webinars
Canoeing the Mountains (On-line Book Study - No Registration Needed)
Host: Rev. Cynthia Vermillion-Foster, Executive Direction: Member Services, UWM
Mondays, April 8, 22 & May 6 & 20 and June 3 2019, 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. Central
Online book study: Canoeing the Mountains, by Tod Bolsinger
Rev. Cynthia Vermillion Foster is hosting an online book study for Unity leaders and leadership teams. Using the story of explorers Lewis and Clark, Canoeing the Mountains explores the kind of adaptive leadership we must learn in order to adjust to the rapidly changing reality of doing church.
To join the online discussion: (No registration needed)
- Using Google Chrome as your browser, click the link: https://us.bbcollab.com/guest/aa2386bd83944aecbeed330d42ec2b3c to join the discussion on the days listed above
- If you prefer to join by phone, dial: 571-392-7650 PIN: 547 287 0106.
- April 8: Chapters 1 – 3
- April 15: Chapters 4-6
- May 6: Chapters 7 – 11
- May 20: Chapters 12 – 13
- June 3: Chapters 14- 15
Did I Sign Up For This? Mental Health Issues in Spiritual Communities (Training)
Facilitated by Rev. Cynthia Vermillion-Foster, Executive Director Member Services, & Rev. Doug Duerr, Ministery Leadership Coordinator
Creating Engaging Classroom Experiences (Webinar)
Facilitated by Rev. Diane Venzera, M.Ed.
Worth 2 CEUs for ministers and licensed Unity teachers CEU
Tuesday, May 21, 2019, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Central
Register by Friday, May 17, contact Diane Venzera to register. It is best to register through email, as there is information that I will need to email back to you. If you want CEU credit, please include whether you are an LUT or Minister.
How to Launch or Expand Spanish Language Programing in Your Ministry (Webinar)
Facilitated by Rev. Johannys Jiménez-Hartog
Worth 1 CEU for ministers and licensed Unity teachers CEU
Thursday, May 23, 2019, 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. Central
Register by Tuesday, May 21, contact Diane Venzera to register. It is best to register through email, as there is information that I will need to email back to you. If you want CEU credit, please include whether you are an LUT or Minister.
If you are new to online learning:
Member Services' offers both WEBINARS (live session only) and TRAININGS, which are a hybrid: they include live online group sessions using the video conferencing tool, Collaborate, as well as weekly activities, housed on Blackboard, to be completed by the end of each weekly session, as individual assignments.
This 10-minute video provides information on registering for a Member Services' training as well as how to navigate through the Blackboard and Collaborate experiences. If you prefer to read the information instead of watching the video, a transcript is attached.
To register for a training, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Locate your UWSI Username and Password
- Step 2: Visit the course registration page and:
- Locate the training title
- Click the green "Add" button
- Complete your registration by putting your username and password into the pop-up box
To register for a webinar:
- Contact Diane Venzera by the due date listed for each webinar.
- It is best to register through email, as there is information that I will need to email back to you. If you want CEU credit, please include whether you are an LUT or Minister.
- Include the webinar title and your name and email address.
- Please let me know if you are seeking CEU credit and if so, if you are an LUT or Minister.
- Once registration closes, the login information will be sent to all participants.
- If you need additional support, please call: 816-434-6837.