Are you new to youth ministry or interested in deepening your skills?
This program of study provide an individual with a more comprehensive background in youth ministry and an opportunity to serve in a deeper way.
The Certified Spiritual Educator program is the first-level of certification for those serving the youth of our Unity Movement. It focuses on preparing volunteers and leaders in creating quality ministry for young people. It consists of:
1. Completing the following online trainings: National Youth & Family Ministry Training They are offered each year through Unity Worldwide Ministries.
- Leading & Guiding a YFM Program
- The Sunday Morning Experience
- Help Us Soar: Teen Ministry in Action
- Family Ministry: A Paradigm Shift
- Supporting Special Needs
2. Completing the following self-directed Youth Ministry MicroLearnings.
- Brain-Based Learning
- Creating an Opening Circle
- Multiple Intelligence
- It Begins with a Vision age groups
- Prayer & Meditation for Children & Teens
3. Completing 10 Spiritual Education & Enrichment (SEE) Courses
- SCS 100 Overview Hebrew Scriptures
- SCS 110 Overview Christian Scriptures
- SCS120 Jesus Teachings
- SPD 100 Unity Prayer
- SPD 105 Meditation Practices
- HTS 125 Twelve Powers
- HTS 100 Foundations of Unity
- HTS 140 History of New Thought & Unity
- 2 of the 4 Metaphysics Courses
- HTS 105 Metaphysics 1
- HTS 110 Metaphysics 2
- HTS 115 Metaphysics 3
- HTS 120 Metaphysics 4
4. Have two years teaching experience in Unity youth ministry
5. Recommendations from Youth Minsitry Director or Board Member, Ministry, Regional Education Consultant and Friend
6. Background Check
7.Observation and evaluation during the teaching of a children's or class
To begin the CSE program, contact the CSE corrdinator at Unity Worldwide Ministries, Diane Venzera, for an enrollment application or for more information. You can also download the the information here:
Licensed Unity Teacher Specializing in Youth and Family Ministry (LUT)
Licensed Unity Teacher is a spiritual course of study and licensure. It builds upon the CSE program, adding the administrative and pastoral care components for leadership in youth and family ministry, as well as deepening one’s understanding in Unity principles and teachings.
Ordained Youth and Family Minister
- Complete the Certified Spiritual Educator Program
- Then complete the Field Path.