Tax Exempt Status
Although churches are, in general, recognized as tax-exempt, a church with an exemption number has several advantages.
Some advantages are:
- Donor's contribution is tax-deductible
- Reduced nonprofit mailing rate
- Eligible for government/foundation grant application
- Eligible for property & sales tax exemption application
- 403(b) pension possible
- FUTA & SUTA tax exemption
- PSA announcement possible
- Option to opt out from FICA & SECA tax, etc.
All member ministries in good standing who submit an annual report by January 31 of each year will be included in Unity Worldwide Ministries tax-exempt 501c3 umbrella filing.
Tax and Accounting
Effective January 1, 2019, the IRS Business Reimbursement Rate for mileage is 58 cents per mile. For more information, visit the IRS Standard Mileage Rate webpage.
IRS Change of Address Form - for Ministries Under UWM Tax Umbrella
Manse Request - Use this form to request that Unity Worldwide Ministries approve your manse for purposes of a tax exempt distribution from our pension plan.