Unity Church of Overland Park
Meeting at: Cleveland Chiropractic College
10850 Lowell Ave
Overland Park, Kansas
Category: Youth and Family Ministry Director Part-time
Unity Church of Overland Park in Overland Park, Kansas, currently has an opening for a part-time Youth and Family Ministry (YFM) Director. The YFM program involves ages birth through high school. This position entails approximately 15-30 hours/week and includes supervision of nursery staff, creating weekly lesson plans based on Unity/New Thought teachings for youth ages preschool through high school; recruiting and supporting volunteer teaching staff, coordinating with the senior minister, purchasing supplies, and supporting activities to create a thriving Youth and Family Ministry.
Qualifications for the Youth and Family Ministry (YFM) Director position are:
- At least one year of experience supervising adults as employees or volunteers or equivalent experience
- Licensed Unity teacher, minister, or at least two years of membership in a Unity church with completion of 40 hours of continuing education classes or similar coursework
- Demonstrated commitment to personal spiritual growth
- Desire to nurture the spiritual growth of children of all ages and the adults who work with them
- Strong communication abilities; able to communicate in writing and orally with children and adults
Helpful Characteristics: (As Unity Church of Overland Park is in transition from its previous church building, the following personal traits in the person filling this position would be helpful.)
- Experience building and inspiring teams
The YFM program at Unity Church of Overland Park welcomes children of all backgrounds, orientation, lifestyle, or ability.
Pay for this position begins at $15 per hour for 15-30 hours per week.
To inquire about this position, email Rev David Mosher at email@example.com.