Matching AV Sub-Grant Application Process
Unity Worldwide Ministries is offering Audio Video Sub-Grants (50% matching, up to $7,500) to qualified Unity Ministries. Funding is made possible by the John Templeton Foundation and provide financial support to our ministries in developing audio video recordings which build awareness and interest in Unity teachings and Unity ministries. The AV Sub-Grant application process opens April 16 and closes June 30, 2021. Applications will be reviewed in July and all applicants will be notified of reward status by 5pm CT on August 16, 2021.
If you would like to be considered for a sub-grant for your ministry, please review the grant criteria below. If you have any further questions about the process, please email Rev. Diana Kennedy at DKennedy@unity.org or call her at 816-434-6814.
Ministries applying for the AV Sub-Grant must have a digital sound system (or be ready to purchase one), and must have been recording audio or audio/video for a minimum of one year. Applicants will need to have a broadband internet connection, and committed volunteers with computer and AV skills. Awardees will be invited to join a private FB group promoting best practices for ministry AV Teams, recommendations on how to establish an AV budget, use of microphones, lighting, editing software, and other ongoing support as needed.
Unity Worldwide Ministries will evaluate grant applications based on the following criteria:
- Ministry must be in good standing and in the UWM branding program
- Ministry must have a clear vision for AV Podcasting and have trained personnel
- Ministry must be able to demonstrate need and readiness for the next level of audio video podcasting
- Ministry must show financial stability to maintain the AV program into the future
- Ministry must fully complete grant application form and answer any pertinent questions
Unity Worldwide Ministries will consider the above when selecting awarded ministries and awardees will be drawn from thoes qualified. The number of ministries awarded will align with the amount budgeted to matching grants for that time period.
Please gather the below information to prepare your AV Sub-Grant application
Our Sub-Grant application has been streamlined and is now online. Please gather pertinent information prior to filling out your application. You will receive a notice through email that your submission has been received. Please also note the award timelines mentioned above.
- Contact information for your spiritual leader or minster, and for the technical contact for this project
- Email address for communication regarding this grant. (Must be actively monitored up to 2023 so that we may communicate with you regarding your results.)
- Is your ministry participating in the Unity Identity Branding Program or are you willing to join?
- Does your ministry currently have a website? If yes:
- URL/web address:
- Have you established Google Analytics on your site to track site traffic?
- What is your average monthly site sessions over the last four months for your current web site?
- Why do you want to offer audio/video podcasting? What is your vision?
- What can your ministry contribute to creating Audio Video Podcasting in terms of financial resources and workhours?
- How do you see that Audio Video Podcasting will benefit your ministry?
- Do you have personnel willing and able to run a computer, video camera, sound mixer, etc., and what level of support do they offer?
- Be prepared to provide details on hardware and equipment you are considering purchasing.
- Is your ministry in a financially sound position to maintain the Audio Video work implemented through this grant?
- If selected, your ministry may be asked to provide information demonstrating its financial position
After gathering all of the information needed, please fill out the online application at the above link. You will not be able to return to the application by saving it, so please fill it out in one setting. If you have any questions prior to starting your applicaiton, please contact Rev. Diana Kennedy at email@example.com.
Grant applications will be evaluated during the month of July, 2021. During this time, UWM may reach out to your ministry for further information. All ministries will be notified by 5pm CT on August 16, 2021.