This ministry path is currently in transition.
The transference of responsibility of the Unity Institute Spiritual Education & Enrichment Program and the Ministerial Education Program from Unity World Headquarters to Unity Worldwide Ministries (UWM) was announced in March 2015. The UWM Board has resolved to assume responsibilitiy beginning September 2016.
Currently the UWM board, staff and task teams have begun the planning and preparation to bring Unity education for credentialed leaders to UWM. The education program design team, including SEE, Ministerial and technology sub-teams, human resource, finance team and others are working to provide an educational program for ministers, licensed teachers and lay leaders that is more accessible, more affordable and technologically friendly. There will be some changes in the current program, but students currently in the program will be transitioned in and will not have to start over. More information will be shared as it becomes available in April or May 2016.
More information is available by listening to previous Unity Leaders calls: December 3, 2015 Education Transfer Video / PowerPoint, April 9, 2015 SEE and M&RS Transition Task Team, or March 26, 2015 Credentialing: Ministerial Education
Prerequisites to apply to this Ministry Path now are:
- Completion of twelve (12) specific core SEE classes (see below)
- A Bachelors Degree or approved Academic Demonstration, and
- Internet and email use.
- Two years of increasing leadership in a Unity Church is strongly recommended.
If you meet these prerequisites, watch for the application to be available again in January 2017. If you have questions, you can email our Credentialing Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants for this ministry path will be considered for admission based on the Admissions Teams' assessment of their:
- Empathy and Nurturing
- Decision Making, and
- Unity knowledge, including understanding and application of the key concepts from the 12 core SEE classes.
The Minimum Twelve core SEE Classes: These courses require 120 hours of study (twelve 10 hour classes) in the following SEE categories:
- Thirty (30) hours of Biblical Studies and Skills:
The Christ in the Bible
Jesus' Teachings in the Bible
Bible Interpretation: Hebrew scriptures
- Seventy (70) hours of Metaphysical Studies and Skills:
Metaphysics I - Part 1
Metaphysics I - Part 2
Metaphysics II - Part 1
Metaphysics II - Part 2
Myrtle and Charles on Healing and Wholeness part one
Lessons in Truth
- Twenty (20) hours of Prayer and History:
Life of Prayer (10 hours)
Development of the Unity Movement (10 hours)
While these 12 courses/120 hours constitute a minimum requirement, there is great value in completing the Spiritual Development portion of SEE. Graduation from the SEE Spiritual Development Program is highly recommended.
Those who desire to move quickly can potentially complete these requirements by participating in three weeks of SEE in the field or at Unity Village.
All core SEE courses are available online. A growing number are self-paced and can be taken at the student's convenience. This permits rapid completion of these required classes. For more information go to unity.org/education/see or contact email@example.com.
Other information about the new Admissions's Application Process:
- With the reduction in the number of minimum SEE prerequisites, you may experience a significant financial benefit.
- Future Admissions Week experiences will be longer than they have been in the past. They will include all the components as in the past plus more extensive essay testing and longer interviews. Typically the interview week is the last week of July.
- This ministry ordination path currently requires two applications.
- One is for the Unity Ministry Ordination Path. If you meet these prerequisites, the application will be available again in January 2017, you can email our Credentialing Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The second application is for the academic programs through Unity Institutes's M&RS program. For more information or to obtain an application for this academic program go to unity.org/education/MRS or contact email@example.com.
- Applicants should not make major life changes until they have been admitted to the ordination path.
- An increase in application fees may also be coming to help defray the costs of the more extensive assessment process.
- Keep checking the website for the latest information.
Information posted here is subject to change. If you have questions you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.