Our Youth and Family Ministry brochure provides an overview of the areas of service we provide. More resources are referenced below.
Starting/Enhancing a Youth & Family Ministry Program
You can create a program that is sustainable over the years by building a strong foundation through vision, Unity principles and sound administrative practices. On the Starting/Enhancing a Youth & Family Ministry Program page, you will find tools for building a strong foundation, creating a welcoming presence, creating an empowered YFM team and creating a vibrant Sunday morning experience.
Teen ministry in Unity ... is an integral part of several age-appropriate components offered to serve the different populations within it. There are times when the entire congregation can be together but different age-appropriate youth programs are usually offered simultaneously to meet the various developmental needs of these Truth students. ~ Teen Ministry Manual
Uniteen groups meet each Sunday in Unity centers to explore spiritual truths. They provide a safe place for youth in their preteen years, ages 11–13 (grades 6–8), to connect with others and explore what they believe. Most groups also meet for social outings to socialize and develop healthy relationships.
Resources found on this page include Uniteen leadership support, developmental needs of this age group, as well as Rites of Passages and Spirit Group materials.
Youth of Unity (YOU) is an international youth group and active teen ministry for high school students, ages 14–18 (grades 9–12). Teens gather at a Unity center, usually on Sunday, to explore and discover spiritual truths and learn how these truths relate to their lives. Most chapters meet at other times to do service in their ministry and community, have a social event, or attend regional and/or international events. Officers, or a leadership team, are often elected to help plan for the local group.
Resources found on this page include how to create and enhance a thriving YOU Group through Sponsor support to teen leadership development. Also found here are YOU lessons and Family Group materials.
IYOU Event is created by the UWM Event Coordinator and is an event designed to serve the Youth of Unity.
Sacred safety helps create an environment where young people can explore their spiritual identity and potential without threat of harm. It includes the resources, practices, policies and procedures that reduce the possibility of dangerous situations, injury or loss. Having consistent, well thought-out guidelines for which staff and volunteers are trained and held accountable reduces the church's liability.
Unity Worldwide Ministries offers curriculum for all ages. Our curriculum page gives an overview of what is available and offers guidance in selecting curriculum.
Also found on this page is an explanation of Unity's Living Curriculum philosophy, as well as links to additional curriculum resources.
Training and Credentialing
The best way to have a Unity-based, vibrant, safe educational environment for your children and teens is to have trained youth and family directors, teachers - and ministers
- Certified Spiritual Educator training will boost your effectiveness and mastery in the classroom. It is the first-level of certification for those serving the youth of our Unity movement. The next step would be Licensed Teacher, Youth Ministry focus and an Ordained Unity Minister.
- National YFM Training Week is national training for Unity youth ministry teachers, leaders, sponsors and directors. Held every summer at our home office in Lee’s Summit, Missouri, this is a 40-hour integrated study exploring who our young people are today and how their spiritual journeys can be empowered by Unity teachings and communities. Download the training week brochure here.
Working with a mentor, these award programs help young people learn about their own spiritual nature through Unity philosophy. Awards can be earned for Boy Scouts of America; Camp Fire, Inc.; Girl Scouts of the U.S.A.; 4-H and other youth groups. Unity ministries can implement the program for their young people who want to deepen their spiritual understanding and earn the award. Adults serving youth can also be nominated for the Distinguished Youth Service Award.
Unity ministries in the United States are divided into seven regions. In each region, educational consultants support and enrich spiritual development of youth and those who serve them.
Sign Up to Stay Connected
- Sign up to receive our electronic communications: Unity Leaders Journal (weekly) and The Path (bi-weekly) for resources, information and curriculum announcements.
- You can also browse youth education articles on our Unity Leaders Journal website.
- Honor your youth and family ministry teachers with a Teacher Recognition Pin!