Training and Credentialing

Skill Training

Are you new to youth ministry or deepening your skills? Training is provided at regional and national levels through manuals, trainings and consultants.

How-to manuals give you “hands-on” information in creating, facilitating and managing your program. Includes descriptions of Youth and Family Ministry Guide and Teen Ministry Handbook.

Sacred Safety resources are vital to the health and well-being of your youth and church.  

Unity National Youth Ministry Training is national training for Unity youth ministry teachers, leaders, sponsors and directors. Held every summer at our home office in Lee’s Summit, Missouri, this is a 40-hour integrated study exploring who our young people are today and how their spiritual journeys can be empowered by Unity teachings and communities.  

Regional Education Consultants are available in each US region. They offer training and workshops to support ministries in developing people and programs. 


Becoming Certified

Programs of study provide an individual with a more comprehensive background in youth ministry and an opportunity to serve in a deeper way. There are three different levels of intensity and professional credentials.


Certified Spiritual Educator (CSE)

Certified Spiritual Educator is a certification program preparing volunteers and leaders in creating quality ministry for young people. It consists of ten foundational Unity classes, practical application hours, two regional training events and participation at our Unity National Youth Ministry Training (held every summer).


Licensed Unity Teacher Specializing in Youth and Family Ministry (LUT)

Licensed Unity Teacher is a spiritual course of study and licensure. It builds upon the CSE program, adding the administrative and pastoral care components for leadership in youth and family ministry, as well as deepening one’s understanding in Unity principles and teachings.


Youth and Family Minister

This is a path in the Field Licensing Program for those seeking ordination in youth and family ministry. You must be: a licensed Unity teacher (LUT) currently employed by a Unity ministry serving youth and family as assistant to the minister, a youth education director, or a regional education consultant in service to a Unity Worldwide Ministries’ region. More about these requirements and additional criteria are found in the Field Licensing Handbook.