Strategies for creating thriving, coherent and integral ministries
For ministers, board members, lay leaders, practitioners, licensed teachers and led by Rev. Dr. Gary Simmons, the Thriving Ministry Model is a new paradigm for church growth and development. Based on the Integral theory of Ken Wilber, this new model emphasizes a movement from the pastor/flock model to a community/mission centric model of ministry.
The focus of the seminar is on growing the consciousness and numbers of those who are committed to the well-being of the church, starting with those already in the pews. When more of a ministry's congregants become committed to the well-being of their church, the result is an increase of energy and resources. Participants will grow in their understanding of how the church operates from a systemic and cultural perspective, and will learn how to create new ways to strengthen the ministry. Topics include:
- An integral approach to church growth and development.
- How church size and type eclipse growth strategies.
- How leaders can move from parenting to partnering to support healthier interpersonal dynamics.
- The three congregations in every ministry and their unique attributes.
- Growing ownership, consciousness and organizational coherence.
- Dismantling the pastor/flock paradox.
Download the PowerPoint presentation and then watch the Thriving Ministry Model Workshop Videos. *This video workshop fulfills Benchmark 2 of Thriving In Unity 1.0