Prerequisites to apply to this Ministry Path now are:
- Completion of twelve (12) specific core SEE classes (see below)
- A Bachelors Degree or approved Academic Demonstration, and
- Internet and email use.
- Two years of increasing leadership in a Unity Church is strongly recommended.
If you meet these prerequisites, the application for the April 15, 2014 deadline is available by clicking here. If you have questions, you can email our Credentialing Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants for this ministry path will be considered for admission based on the Admissions Teams' assessment of their:
- Empathy and Nurturing
- Decision Making, and
- Unity knowledge, including understanding and application of the key concepts from the 12 core SEE classes.
The Minimum Twelve core SEE Classes: These courses require 120 hours of study (twelve 10 hour classes) in the following SEE categories:
- Thirty (30) hours of Biblical Studies and Skills:
The Christ in the Bible
Jesus' Teachings in the Bible
Bible Interpretation: Hebrew scriptures
- Seventy (70) hours of Metaphysical Studies and Skills:
Metaphysics I - Part 1
Metaphysics I - Part 2
Metaphysics II - Part 1
Metaphysics II - Part 2
Myrtle and Charles on Healing and Wholeness part one
Lessons in Truth
- Twenty (20) hours of Prayer and History:
Life of Prayer (10 hours)
Development of the Unity Movement (10 hours)
While these 12 courses/120 hours constitute a minimum requirement, there is great value in completing the Spiritual Development portion of SEE. Graduation from the SEE Spiritual Development Program is highly recommended.
Those who desire to move quickly can potentially complete these requirements by participating in three weeks of SEE in the field or at Unity Village.
All core SEE courses are available online. A growing number are self-paced and can be taken at the student's convenience. This permits rapid completion of these required classes. For more information go to unity.org/education/see or contact email@example.com.
Other information about the new Admissions's Application Process:
- With the reduction in the number of minimum SEE prerequisites, you may experience a significant financial benefit.
- Future Admissions Week experiences will be longer than they have been in the past. They will include all the components as in the past plus a comprehensive online test, more extensive essay testing, and longer interviews.
- This ministry ordination path currently requires two applications.
- One is for the Unity Ministry Ordination Path. If you meet these prerequisites, you are ready to submit an application. (fill-online pdf form, use print button on page 1 to print completed form) If you have questions, you can email our Credentialing Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The second application is for the academic programs through Unity Institutes's M&RS program. For more information or to obtain an application for this academic program go to unity.org/education/MRS or contact email@example.com.
- Applicants should not make major life changes until they have been admitted to the ordination path.
- An increase in application fees may also be coming to help defray the costs of the more extensive assessment process.
- Keep checking the website for the latest information.
Information posted here is subject to change. If you have questions you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.